Less than six months after being released from prison, Curtis has been handed the keys to a start-up aiming to raise $60 million for the roll-out of a controversial healthcare app.

By Joe McDonough


Posted on December 18, 2017

Convicted insider trader Oliver Curtis is “back in the saddle”, having been appointed the new boss of his father Nick’s healthcare technology start-up E-Nome.

The promotion, revealed by the Daily Telegraph, positions Mr Curtis right in the line of sight of corporate cops. However, it is understood he is only prohibited from being a director, and that ban lasts five years.

In June 2016, he was found guilty of conspiring to commit insider trading, and sentenced to a maximum of two years behind bars, but was released from Cooma jail after just 12 months on a good behaviour bond.

Despite the conviction the Daily Mail has been informed by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) that he can still make trades on behalf of companies and in his own name, and is even permitted to provide financial services to others.

He walked into a business development role at the Sydney-based company upon his release, and will now head the company he owns a 22.5% share in (largest stake after his father, who owns 22.9%).

“Oli is back in the saddle in a big way,” Nick Curtis, told the Telegraph.

“We are really proud to have him leading the team.”

E-Nome is designing an app which allows people to access, store and anonymously sell off their personal medical records. But it first needs to purchase 30% of Tyde, a company that can legally download government health records onto its database.

So, Mr Curtis’s first order of business is pitching E-Nome’s own cryptocurrency ‘Nomes’ to potential investors. The company believes it can raise $60 million through SAFT (simple agreement for future tokens) and the main sale or initial coin offering (ICO), enabling the roll-out of the app.

Mr Curtis’s wife PR queen Roxy Jacenko responded to requests for comment, saying: At this time he isn’t looking to do any media but thank you for offering him the opportunity.”

The timing is interesting, with Ms Jacenko all but confirming last week that she would star in her own reality television series.

“It has been discussed with a production company fronted by one of Sydney’s fav breakfast radio stars,” she told the Daily Mail.

The Sweaty Betty founder is now a brand ambassador for Australian streaming service Stan, so it is the likely home for the program.